The gastritis diet involves a gentle diet designed to reduce inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Depending on the acidity of the gastric juice and the stage of the disease, different types of diet are prescribed.
There are general principles of a gastritis diet:
- Fractional diet - you should eat 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- Food temperature is moderate - foods that are too hot or too cold are not allowed.
- Fatty foods are taboo for all types of gastritis diet for a variety of reasons.
- Spicy spices and any alcoholic beverages are strictly forbidden.
- Smoking cessation.
Diet for chronic gastritis with high acidity
A diet is recommended for chronic gastritis with increased secretion, first of all, to normalize the acidity of gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - abdominal pain, heartburn, headaches.
The diet is dominated by dishes of boiled vegetables, milk and dairy products, boiled or steamed dishes of meat and fish. Kissels (milk or fruit), oat and rice porridge, whole milk, grated soups have excellent shell properties
The high acidity gastritis diet is prescribed to skip the following foods:
- Rye flour bread, muffins and freshly baked products.
- Sorrel, rhubarb, radish, radish, cabbage, cucumber, green unripe fruit.
- Canned foods of all kinds.
- Fermented milk products?
- Legumes, pearl barley, barley and millet groats?
- Fat, reddish meat.
Sample diet menu for chronic gastritis with high acid production
Option # 1
- Breakfast: salad of boiled vegetables with butter, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil
- Second breakfast: cottage cheese pudding with apples, carrot juice
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, meat soufflé with pasta, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, biscuit cookies
- Dinner: lazy pasta, tea?
- At night: milk (all days).
Option # 2
- Breakfast: boiled carrots, puree in a sieve with vegetable oil, sausages in natural shells, tea, oil.
- Second breakfast: homemade cottage cheese, rosé broth
- Lunch: soup with oatmeal, boiled chicken fillet, buckwheat porridge, pear compote;
- Afternoon snack: plum jelly?
- Dinner: protein omelette, rice milk porridge, tea.
Option # 3
- Breakfast: boiled beets with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea?
- Second breakfast: baked apple with raisins and cottage cheese
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled meat, sifted, oatmeal, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, croutons?
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
These gastritis diet options are prescribed during the period of clinical remission. The diet for exacerbation of gastritis with high acidity differs in that all dishes are consumed in pure form. Only small pieces of cooked meat or fish twice a week are allowed.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of the diet for gastritis with reduced secretion is to promote the secretion of gastric juice for complete assimilation of food. Dishes should be steamed or boiled, less often cooked.
A diet for gastritis with low acidity prohibits the use of foods that cause increased fermentation in the stomach:
- Whole milk?
- Dough and confectionery products?
- Canned food?
- Legumes, cabbage, grapes, radishes, cucumbers, onions and garlic?
- Lard and smoked products.
Diet menu for worsening gastritis with low acidity
In chronic gastritis with reduced secretion during acute exacerbation, you should eat puree in small portions. The diet for atrophic gastritis includes mucous soups of cereals, butter, grated cottage cheese, boiled meat, low-fat fish, vegetable and fruit purees, viscous cereals with milk, soft-boiled eggs, white boiled eggs, white hard-boiled eggs.
A diet for acute gastritis with reduced secretion is used for 3-4 weeks and then replaced by a wider diet. The diet for relapsed gastritis consists of various cereals, meat and steamed fish, cereal soups in meat broth. Pieces of fish, meatballs, cutlets fried without bread are allowed.
Observing a diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat dairy products (especially kefir), cheeses, various dishes of cottage cheese (puddings, soufflés, pots), berry and fruit jellies, mousse.
An example diet menu for gastritis with low secretion for one day:
- Breakfast: steamed meatballs, tea?
- Lunch: pearl barley in meat broth, fried cutlets without bread, mashed potatoes, apple jelly;
- Afternoon snack: tea, crackers?
- Dinner: pot of cottage cheese, purified milk oatmeal, tea?
- For the night: kefir or fruit and berry jelly.
The diet with exacerbation of gastritis is supplemented by the appointment of fruit and vegetable juices, vitamin complexes.
Diet for corrosive gastritis
In the diet for corrosive gastritis, slimy-textured soups come first. They have excellent shell properties, which need completely eroded stomach walls. In the diet menu for corrosive gastritis, there should be rice porridge, buckwheat, oatmeal with milk or cream (preferably), with the addition of butter. Steamed meat dishes (ribs, meatballs), soft boiled eggs, homemade non-acidic cottage cheese, jellies and compotes are mandatory in the diet.
It is necessary to add liquid mashed potatoes and raw potato juice (once a day) to the diet menu for acute corrosive gastritis. This vegetable has an excellent wound healing effect and also perfectly relieves pain.
The list of prohibited foods in the diet for corrosive gastritis includes: any canned foods, fatty and fried foods, pastry doughs, fresh fruits with sour taste and juices from them. In the diet for acute corrosive gastritis, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, juices from any fruit.